Find out what to see and do as Como is transformed in a magical place during the Città dei Balocchi Christmas festival.
From Como Christmas markets and Magic Light Festival, to ice-skating rink, Santa Claus’ hut and Christmas events, there are so many magical things to do in Como at Christmas.
For the second year, the magic of Città dei Balocchi Christmas festival extends to Lake Como, transformed into the “most beautiful nativity scene in the world” thanks to an illuminated route, a path that reveals itself to the traveler gradually keeping high the tension and the sense of surprise.
From 29 November 2019 to 6 January 2020 Lake Como Christmas Light will illuminate the architectural wonders located in strategic panoramic positions on the lake, with the technique of artistic architecture, in ideal continuity with the Magic Light Festival of Como Città dei Balocchi.
Infopoint Città dei Balocchi
Palazzo del Broletto – ground floor
23 November – 6 January – 10:00-12:30 and 15:00-19:00
How to reach the city centre
- Parking at the Val Mulini car park in Via dei Mulini, Como. Cost € 1,00 per day. Reach the centre by bus. The number of trips will be increased during the Christmas period.
- Leave your car at the Tavernola interchange car park (free of charge) or at the Villa Erba car park (€ 1.00 per day on Saturdays and holidays) and reach the city centre by boat (€ 1.30 return trip is the special price for Toy City).
- You can also reach the center with the local public transport service (line 6 and line 11 – stop “Pontile Tavernola”), buying the ticket for € 1.30 or at an increased price on board the bus.
- Leave your car in the interchange car parks and arrive in the centre by train.
Parking + Train
You can park your car free of charge at the stations of:
- Grandate FN (450 places – free on Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, 24 and 31 December)
- Como-Camerlata FN (137 places – free of charge)
- Albate-Camerlata FS (81 places – free on Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, 24 and 31 December)
- Albate-Trecallo FS (48 places – free of charge)
- Cucciago FS (85 places – free of charge)
- Chiasso SBB (186 places, 10 chf per day)
From the parking places you can reach Como by train, buying the ticket Como Park – Città dei balocchi family at the price of € 5.00 round trip, for an entire family of 2 adults + unlimited number of children under the age of 14 years.
This same offer will also be valid to reach Como from Milan, Varese and Ticino. While with the Trenord Day Pass from € 13.00, you will arrive in Como from all over Lombardy (one adult + an unlimited number of children under 14 years, round trip).
Tickets can be purchased through the Trenord sales channels: trenord.it
City car parks
For those arriving from the motorway, the exit to use is preferably “Lake Como”.
- autosilo Castelnuovo: via Castelnuovo 91 (440 places) € 2,00 from 7:00 to 13:00 / from 13:00 to 19:00 / from 19:00 to 7:00 – Sunday flat rate € 1,00 from 7:00 to 19:00 – 10 minutes walk to city center;
- Metropark Como San Giovanni: – via Venini (182 places) € 1,00 per hour or part of an hour from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
- Quarto Ponte park: viale Innocenzo 75 (156 places) € 2,00 per hour;
- Ippocastano park: via Aldo Moro (75 places) From 8:00 to 19:00 € 0,50 per hour, 11 hours € 6,00;
- San Martino park: via Castelnuovo 3 (173 places) € 1,00 from 7:30 to 13:30, € 1,00 from 13:30 to 19:30, € 2,00 all day, Sundays and public holidays free of charge;
- Sirtori park: via Sirtori 7 (70 places), Centro Lagopark: via Sant’Elia 6 (357 places). Price: € 2,40 per hour, autosilo Auguadri: via Auguadri 1 (740 places) 1,00 first and second hour, € 1,55 next hour;
- autosilo Valduce: viale Lecco 9 (515 places) 1,50 the first hour, 2,00 the following ones.