The imposing building in eclectic style is the result of a reconstruction started in the 18th century and completed in the 20th century.
The church has a central octagonal plan and it is characterized outside by horizontal bands of two-color covering also the structure of the tower. The façade, highlighted by simple pilaster strips, contains elements of neo-Romanesque and neo-Gothic style: the portal, the central rose window, the arches in brick, the terminal spire.
The vast interior is marked by a double row of pilaster strips with an eclectic decoration with geometric patterns that continues along the walls.
On the left side of the church there is the movie theater built in 1950 for the parish oratory and designed by the architect Pietro Lingeri, born in Tremezzo one of the leading exponents of rationalism in Como.