It was mentioned for the first time in the proceedings of the pastoral visit of Bishop Carlo Borromeo to Civenna, but its origin, however, is certainly older.
In the middle of the seventeenth century it was necessary to rebuild it because of the bad conditions in which it was in; it lasted for a few years and ended in 1728, the year in which the facade was completed.
The church is located in a higher position than the street level. The façade is divided into two orders, surmounted by a tympanum; along the left side rises the bell tower.
The church is located in a higher position than the street level; it is accessed, in fact, by a double flight of stairs: the first leading to the small churchyard, the second allowing direct access to the building.
The facade is divided into two orders, surmounted by a tympanum; in the lower band you can see the portal preceded by a short pronaos with columns and tympanum with a lowered arch. On the left there is a curved body: inside there is the chapel dedicated to the Madonna of Lourdes.