Consisting of a single nave, on the left side there is a chapel with a wooden statue of the Madonna and Child dating back to 1600 and a canvas with St. Apollonia and St. Agatha.
On the right there is another chapel with a statue of the Sacred Heart. The nave and the presbytery are decorated with numerous frescoes by Davide Beghè, Ettore Fumagalli and Torildo Conconi; it is possible to observe panels depicting the stages of the "Via Crucis" by Lazzaro Pasini.
Worthy of note is the altarpiece that houses the work of Francesco Carpano, dating back to 1600, "Martyrdom of St. Stephen".
The period when the Church was built is not known but it is presumed that it is very ancient, since already in the 17th century there was an important restructuring.
Consecrated in 1785, it has seen various changes over time: the bell tower, the presbytery which was enlarged, and the structure itself. The building was lengthened and consequently also the facade was modernized.
Piazza IV NovembreLoc. Santo Stefano22012Cernobbio (CO) Italy