Visits: only on reservation, autonomous or guided; at the entrance the presentation of the voucher on the electronic device will be accepted. Access to the ticket office will be allowed to one person (or family) at a time; please respect the queue keeping a safety distance of at least 1,5 meters. Access is forbidden to those with a body temperature higher than 37.5°.
Friday, May 22nd Villa del Balbianello reopens to the public and opens the 2020 season.
Visits by reservation only at the following link: musement.com
Opening times 2020
Villa del Balbianello will reopen to the public on May 22 with the following opening hours:
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 10:30 – 18:30
- Saturday, Sunday and holidays: 10:30 – 19:30
- Last entrance to the Garden: 17:30
- Last entrance to the wooded area around the Villa: 17:00
- Closing: non-holiday Mondays and Wednesdays
Entrance to the Loggia, museums and garden with free visit:
- FAI members: € 0
- Full price ticket: € 15,00
- Children (6-18 years): € 8,00
- Soci National Trust and students up to the age of 25: € 10,00
- Family: € 40,00. Entry at reduced rates for family groups of 2 adults and 2 children (6 – 18 years). From the third child on, every entry is free of charge.
- Children up to the age of 5, residents of the municipality of Tremezzina, members of Bienfaiteurs Amis du Louvree and handicapped people with accompanying person: free entrance.
Woodland entrance (wooded area around the Villa)
- FAI members: free entrance*
- Full price ticket: € 3,00
- Reduced (6-18 years): € 1,00
- Children up to 5 years of age: free entrance
- National Trust members and students up to the age of 25: € 1,00
- Family: € 7,00. Entry at reduced rates for family groups of 2 adults and 2 children (6 – 18 years). From the third child, each entrance is free.
- Children up to the age of 5, residents of the municipality of Tremezzina, members of Bienfaiteurs Amis du Louvre and people with disabilities and accompanying person: free entrance
*except for specific events where only the integration of the event will be requested.
In case of events the price may vary.
Safety visiting mode
In order to allow the public to visit the Goods in maximum safety, FAI has taken care to ensure full compliance with the principles defined by the Government starting from the maintenance of social distance. In all the Assets the visit will be limited by the number of visitors and, where possible, organised in a “one-way” way to avoid possible crossings. The smaller rooms and those that do not allow a circular route will be visible only by looking out; the doors will be kept open in order to reduce contact surfaces.
The mask must be worn for the duration of the visit. There will also be dispensers with sanitizing gel at the ticket office and at critical points along the route.
On the day before the visit, participants will receive an email with instructions on how to access and a link from which to download support materials, which will no longer be distributed in paper format. Alternatively, the materials will be accessible on digital media thanks to a QR Code that can be downloaded directly at the ticket office.
Access to the ticket office, bookshop and service areas will be allowed to one visitor or one family at a time; in FAI shops customers will have to wear gloves in addition to the mask. Customers are also invited to make purchases with credit cards and ATMs, in order to reduce the exchange of cards between staff and visitors.
All workstations and common areas will be subject to constant sanitation in proportion to their use. Adequate air exchange will be guaranteed in the rooms through natural ventilation or, in the few rooms that do not enjoy natural air conditioning, thanks to regularly sanitized systems.
Access to the Villa
Earthbound from Lenno. Route of 1 km with an uphill stretch that can be covered in 25 minutes. Parking Mercato, in Via degli Artigiani, near Lido di Lenno.
You can access the Villa via Lago, by Taxiboat, leaving from Lido di Lenno. (PAYING SERVICE)
Possibility to access also by lake with private boat services.
Dogs are welcome in all FAI goods.
In the gardens on a leash, inside only guide dogs or small dogs to be held in your arms or special carrier for the duration of the visit (about 50 minutes).
Photographic services (e.g. weddings) are subject to a fee and booking is mandatory: email@example.com.
How to get to Villa del Balbianello
From Como: state road 340 to Menaggio.
From Milan: Motorway A9 Milano-Laghi exit Lago di Como, then state road 340 to Menaggio.
From Switzerland (Lugano): road Lugano-Menaggio, then state road 340 towards Como.
From Milano Centrale: trains to Tirano or Sondrio with stop Varenna Esino + Battello.
From Milan Porta Garibaldi: trains to Chiasso with stop Como San Giovanni + Bus or Battello
From Milan Cadorna: trains to Como with Como Nord Laghi + Bus or Boat stop
Once in Como you can take a bus of ASF Autolinee – Line C10 Como – Menaggio – Colico and get off at Lenno Centro.
Once in Varenna or Como you can take a boat of the Navigazione Lago di Como to Lenno.