The villa is located in an area considered to be of great archaeological interest, as documented by the findings of shield bosses now stored in the Archaeological Museum Paolo Giovio of Como, and it is surrounded by a wall that was probably part of a military settlement belonging to the fortified system of Comacina island. Inside the walls there was a small chapel dedicated to St. John.
Between 1209 and 1211 the Benedictine nuns from the monastery of Saints Faustino and Jovita, once living on the Comacina Island, settled in this place. The nuns renovated the old oratory and built here a new monastery that was suppressed in 1786.
Later the building was converted into a summer residence and the oratory and the most part of the monastery were demolished. Portions of this building remain embedded in the masonry of the villa. The entrance is underlined by an elegant stone portal with a mixtilinear frame. A staircase starts from the portal and leads to the villa and to the garden with cedars.