Saturday 14 March will reopen to the public Villa Fogazzaro Roi, a small ancient world overlooking the Italian shore of Lake Lugano.
A secluded and intimate residence of the nineteenth century bourgeoisie; furnishings, paintings and objects of exquisite taste evoke, still intact, the atmosphere of Antonio Fogazzaro’s masterpiece, who so loved this villa overlooking an untouched corner of Ceresio.
Donated to the FAI by Giuseppe Roi, in 2009.
Villa Fogazzaro Roi will be open to the public from March 14, 2020 with the following opening hours:
- from March to October: Wednesday to Sunday, 10:00 – 18:00
- from November until December 1: Saturday and Sunday, 10:00 – 18:00
- On Mondays and Tuesdays open only on public holidays
You can visit the villa only with guided tours, no reservation required, first guided tour at 11:00 am, last entrance at 4:30 pm.
Guided tours (in Italian and in English), provide for groups of maximum 15 people (groups are formed on site).
Reservation is compulsory only for groups of more than 15 people (see section GUIDED TOURS ON BOOKING).
For further information please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FAI members: free entrance and guided tour*
- Full: entrance € 17,00 (guided tour included)
- Ridotto (6-18 years old): € 8.00
- Children up to 5 years old: free entrance
- Students up to 25 years old: € 10,00
- Soci National Trust*, Soci Bienfaiteurs Amis du Louvre, residents of Valsolda, disabled people with a companion: free entrance.
* with the exception of specific events where only the integration of the event will be requested.
Whoever enrolls in the FAI or renews their membership enters for free. The visit of the Villa is always guided and in groups of maximum 15 people. The duration is one hour.
In case of events the price may vary.
How to get there
Go to the lake
Boarding from Lugano with public service (Lake Lugano navigation company).
Boarding from Lugano and Porlezza with private service.
From Como to Menaggio with SPTC10
From Menaggio to Oria with SPTC12
In the car
From Como: follow the signs for Menaggio, Porlezza and Valsolda; then continue for about four kilometres along the Strada Statale 340 towards Valsolda along the lake. Once past Albogasio at the junction for Castello, you will find Villa Fogazzaro Roi.