Saturday, March 21 Isola Comacina, with the museum Antiquarium, reopens to the public and opens the season 2020.
The only island on Lake Como, appreciated for its luxuriant nature and splendid views, the Isola Comacina is also one of the most interesting archaeological areas in northern Italy for the High Middle Ages and a centre of artistic production thanks to the summer residences of Italian and Belgian artists in houses for artists of the rationalist style.
About 600 metres long and just 200 metres wide, Comacina Island covers a total area of 6 hectares, mostly covered by lush, typically Mediterranean vegetation. The access to the island is via lake with embarkation in Ossuccio (Taxi-boat) or by means of the Navigation Lake Como that allows the landing directly on the island.
Opening Hours 2020
From 21 March to 1 November 2020
- Isola Comacina park: open daily from 10:00 to 17:00. The months of July and August until 18:00.
- Antiquarium: open every day from 10:00 to 17:00, except Monday and Tuesday. Last admission to the museum at 16:30.
Only Antiquarium Museum
- Single Adults, seniors and groups € 2,00
- Single children (0-5) free
- Students (6-26) € 1,50
Comacina Island Park & Antiquarium
- Single Adults € 6,00
- Single Children (0-5) Free of charge
- Single Seniors (over 65) € 5,00
- Single Students (6-26) € 4,00
- Adults (min.20) € 5,00
- School groups (min.20) € 3,50
- Families (2 adults + children 6-18) € 15,00
Comacina Island Tourist Package – Villa Carlotta
Isola Comacina and Villa Carlotta offer a tourist package for groups of at least 20 people, with the following total costs for the entrance to the two parks:
- Adults or elderly people: € 15,00 per person
- Student groups: € 8,50 per person
Guided tours are always and only by reservation to email@example.com Maximum 30 people per guide. The entrance ticket is not included in the price.
- Antiquarium & Comacina Island: duration 2 hours. € 140,00
- Comacina Island: duration 1 hour and 30 min. € 95,00
- The Hospitalis of Ossuccio: duration 1 hour. € 60,00
- The Artists’ Houses: duration 1 hour. € 80,00 – interiors of the houses open to visitors in March, April and October. The periods of opening to visits may vary dates.
Getting to the Antiquarium
From Milan: Motorway Milano-Laghi A9, exit Como Nord, then direction SS340 Regina towards
Menaggio. Stop in Tremezzina, Ossuccio, near the Church of S. Maria Maddalena from the
famous bell tower.
From Lugano: Strada Lugano-Menaggio, via Porlezza. Then take the SS340 Regina in the direction of Como. Stop Tremezzina, Ossuccio.
You can reach Como with the State Railways or with the North Milan Railways, and then continue by bus or boat.
Departure every hour from Como, Piazza S. Agostino (near the Ferrovie Nord railway station), line C10 ASF Bus – direction Colico, stop Tremezzina, Ossuccio.
Possibility of departure also from S. Giovanni delle Ferrovie dello Stato Station.
Near the Antiquarium, a few meters, there is the boarding for the island Comacina.
How to get to Comacina Island
A few meters from the medieval complex of St. Mary Magdalene and the Antiquarium, boarding with private taxi-boat (shuttle service) to Comacina Island. The transport ticket is not included in the entrance ticket to Isola Comacina park and you pay directly on board, € 7.00 per person
a/r, children up to 7 years free of charge.
It is possible to reach Isola Comacina directly by boat from Lake Como, stop directly at Isola Comacina.