Monte Bisbino is located on the border between Italy and Switzerland.
On the top, at an altitude of 1314 meters, there is a Sanctuary, still destination of many pilgrims and where Mass is celebrated on special occasions, the Small Museum of Mount Bisbino, opened occasionally, and a refreshment.
The complex includes the church, the restaurant and a small museum.
It is part of the Diocese of Como and of the Pastoral Community of the Blessed Virgin of the Bisbino that collects the parishes of the Municipalities of Cernobbio and Maslianico; here is venerated the Blessed Virgin, Patroness of the Pastoral Community.
The Museum, instead, exhibits some testimonies about the local phenomenon of smuggling between Italy and Switzerland, the Cadorna Line, a system of fortifications built during the First World War along the Italian-Swiss border, and the rural traditions of the territory.
According to the local tradition, in 14th century the top of Mount Bisbino was levelled to build a shepherd's hut there.
The raw materials obtained from the intervention were used to build a rustic refuge and a chapel, where a statue of the Madonna was placed. With the passing of the centuries, the latter was enlarged and transformed into a Sanctuary, already in 1400 dedicated to the Virgin.
Due to the large number of faithful and pilgrims, it was necessary to build a place of rest, especially after the inhabitants of the area of Rovenna (Cernobbio), who made a vow to Our Lady during the plague in 1630, came out unharmed of the pandemic.