A Cine – Touristic itinerary to discover or re-discover the sites of the great Director Luchino Visconti, 40 years after his death.
This exceptional tour has been organized by The Città di Cernobbio Festival, in collaboration with the Lake Como Film Festival.
Luchino Visconti‘s life (1906-1976), was deeply connected to Lake Como. His family owned Villa Erba in Cernobbio and Luchino Visconti himself said that he’d spent the best moments of his childhood in its huge garden. Many of his friends and collegues, including Franco Zeffirelli, Helmut Berger and Alain Delon often stayed as guests at the Villa.
Due to serious health problems, during the last years of his life, the great director worked in the Villa in order to finish his masterpiece Ludwig (1973). Moreover several scenes of Rocco and his brothers were shot in Bellagio, also known as the pearl of the Lake , while Villa Erba was where the conversation between the rivals George Clooney and Vincent Cassel took place in Ocean’s Twelve.
- 10.00am: meeting at Metropole Suisse Hotel;
- 10,30am: Clip Video “Filming Locations on Lake Como” by Mario Bianchi;
- 12.00am: transfer by boat to Cernobbio;
- 1,00om: Picnic in the park of Villa Erba in Cernobbio;
- 12.30am – 4.30pm: Guided tour of the Visconti Museum in Villa Erba;
Mandatory reservation untill July 28th
IAT Cernobbio: tel. +39 031-4446483 – email email@example.com