The highlight of the Carnival of Schignano is staged on the days of Saturday, March 2 and Tuesday, March 5. It is in this double circumstance that, for years, tourists, students and scholars from all over the world flock to attend this incredible journey in the traditions and memories of an entire community.
During the parades the local associations intervene with stalls and stands to let guests taste the traditional and tasty local dishes.
Program – Saturday, March 2, 2019
- 13:45 Meeting with the Sapeurs
- 14:15 Meeting of traditional masks in Piazza San Giovanni (Occagno)
- 14:30 Parade along the streets of the village, to the hamlet of Auvrascio and back
- 19:00 Typical dinner (Multipurpose Civic Center)
- 21:00 (Centro civico Polivalente) Masked party with orchestra. Closed at 3 o’clock in the morning.
For more information about the Carnival of Schignano, please consult the article Carnival of Schignano 2019.